Friday, April 27, 2007

the hired hand and hollywoodland


Most Likely you havn't seen this movie. the only reason I saw it was by accident i found it and put it on my netflicks. It was made it in the early 70's right after easy rider universal gave Peter Fonda make a movie and have complete control over it hoping for another hit with the youth audience. I don't think this was gonna be a hit with the youth but it is good.
Often called the hippie western. It's a slow paced and often silent but when they do talk it sounds like an old western with a little bit more realistic dialouge. I feel like Peter Fonda knew westerns really well i'm assuming he has been on the set of a few John Ford films.
It's a very good western and it's simple but there is other stuff there. It is defently a 70's film but you can see it's influence on the limey. Also the score is amazing.
The other thing is most of the actors are character actors and the performances are amazing.
I would recomend this movie if you like westerns or if you just like kinda moody films.


I kinda like this movie. Well I do everybody was coo and it's a great mystery. it's shot nice and ben affleck is good. I can see wanting to compare this to la confidential.
It also goes into the life of George Reeves. I do think sometimes this was like made to be an oscar movie which is kinda lame but as a film it gets itself past that. I think some may not like the ending but i found it good rather then a different one.
Adrian Brody as well great actor and wish I would see him in more stuff he always has charisma.
I don't know if it's a classic but it's good

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home