Thursday, April 19, 2007

Kool-Aid post

hey this is jim every now and then i let my friend Kool-Aid write a post and this is one of those.


QUICK!!! Get me all the footage of columbine and as many parents of dead columbine kids as you can!!!! The head of marketing/news shouts.

Sir, but why?

THERE'S BEEN A SCHOOL SHOOTING AT VIRGINIA TECH!!!

Sir, you do know that columbine, is in Colorado, and Virginia tech is in Virginia?

OF COURSE YOU IDIOT!, but the people don't need to know that!!!, now show the footage from columbine while you talk about this marketing…. err um tragedy.
The end?



Now I will tell you what I was doing. I awoke to my cell phone ringing, it was a text message from Alex "there is a sniper at Jeff's school!" I called him right away. He explained to me what was going on and said he was going to call Jeff. Luckily I found out later in the day from matt that Jeff, Dan and our other mutual friends were on a bus at the time, and were safe.

After getting off the phone with Alex I started flipping threw the news channels to try to find out what was going on. I don't usually watch fox news, except when I need a laugh. But when I came upon the channel I was paralyzed with a strange feeling of contempt, and outrage. They were showing columbine footage, talking to parents from columbine and showing no date on the screen (in typical fox news fashion). This is redunkulas. They were asking the parents what they thought happened. Ahhh fox news "if the truth is unknown, ask someone who doesn't know ether".


As far as the other networks, I noticed a lot were outside of the high school the shooter (and 2 other killers) went to saying "it is a tragedy that now the spotlight is on this poor school, who didn't ask for this." Ok, so then why are you there, if you feel so bad for them, leave!!
I'd like to say that in a tragedy the news crews come to report on the incident and give the facts, but, it seems they only give the ratings. How sad of times we live in when there is NO legitimate news coverage. Nothing good can come out of this. Instead of looking to blame somebody other than the shooter, how about you offer the news, and not personal opinion, hearsay and conjecture. That is what us people on the interweb are for.


KooL-AiD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home