Friday, August 03, 2007

The original Hairspray

Ok so I know i promised more movie review stuff and I saw order of the phoneix but i wanna share this video. I got it from the senator theaters weekly email. they send out I'm on the list of course. It's about when the original came out and premeriered at the senator.
There's been alot of stuff coming out about the original like tons interviews with waters and focusing on Divine's Death. Which really this was the last thing Divine did for my life until the musical that's the biggest thing about it.
The film represents mainly how John waters career changed. in 72 he was doing pink flamingoes now he does a pg movie weird. I find it odd that they took out so much John Waters from the musical but i havn't seen it yet.
Anyway this film made me remember what the original ment. All though it's not his most fun movie. (his 70's stuff is way more fun) this is probably his best made and cry baby as well started a whole new era of John Waters that ended with A Dirty Shame



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home