Saturday, August 12, 2006

REVISTING: DEATH FROM ABOVE 1979 - You're A Woman, I'm A Machine


Recently and oddly enough right before they broke up I started listening to this album and really getting in to it. I never did before but I really really like it. In fact I think it's very sad this is it from them. But I guess maybe they thought there next album would suck and this was the best that they could give us. If that is true I understand cause there are so many bands that have good first albums and then suck balls on the next one. Or maybe they didn't want to do it that long.
Regardless this is a really good album. I think the best thing I can say about this album is this. It's not easy to make a rock album that sounds so simple. It sounds like easy progession and catchie chords but really that is very complicated. Youre thinking no it's not but how many have fucked it up. The albums works so well and everything is just right on the album.
I really like every song on the album. I actually think this could have been a start to a long career for them if they chouse to do it but they didn't. But hey you know the strokes first album was good and look what happened. yeah you'd like them alot more if they hadn't done that too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home