Wednesday, May 09, 2007

grizzly man and pickpocket


All though the subject matter in this film is rather it is still intresting enough to see it however Herzog puts himself in there to much and ends up hurting the film. I don't understand why I needed to know the main characters point of view on life versus Herzogs didn't make much sense. There was a great documentary in there some where but it ended up just being good.
I heard when I interned for this documentary company that Herzog's kind of a asshole. Nobody likes thus why this film didn't get a best documentary nomination. but it worked out cause the film isn't that good anyway.
It is still a good movie and worth seeing it's just not a great film. It could have been but it's director didn't let it do so.


I have heard people tell me how realistic the pickpocketing was in this film. I have no clue if it is as I have never pickpocketed anyway but if I ever do I'll get back to you.
This is a good film moving like a noir of it's time. Espically with the whole moral thing which is intresting cause France (this being a french film) has looser censorship.
The main character is well played and everything it in is coo. Don't look for to much realism. I don't think this film is really that realistic but is kind of a fake noir style. not tha that's a bad thing it still works. It's also a short film a 75 minutes so if you wanna watch two movies in a night and don't wanna spend 4 hours on the coauch this would be a good choice also it's fun to watch by itself. I would recommend this film.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home