Monday, August 07, 2006

Weekend Box office

1. Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby $47M $47M
2. Barnyard: The Original Party Animals $16M $16M
3. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest $11M $380M
4. Miami Vice $9.7M $45.7M
5. The Descent $8.8M $8.8M
6. John Tucker Must Die $6.05M $28.6M
7. Monster House $6M $57M
8. The Ant Bully $3.9M $18.2M
9. You, Me and Dupree $3.6M $66.8M
10. The Night Listener $3.6M $3.6M



I'm really shocked Ricky bobby did so well. They have hyped it for a really long time. I thought the ads sucked but I guess I'm wrong. Also Ali g star Sacha Baron Cohen and Amy Adams. So I hope it helps those two out.

Barnyard also looked dumb as hell. It's probably the most post shrek cg movie ever. Also a cow is a girl not a boy.

Pirates made alot blah blah

Miami Vice fell 62.4% ouch. I'm seeing it tonite and I've heard good things but in all fairness it's hard to have a R rated action movie when all the rage is tamer stuff. You'd think that would work for counter programming but it did the opposite.

The descent did less then excepted but most likely cause last summer around this time the cave came out and people arn't that dumb

also little miss sunshine went up 293.5%. I saw it on a Monday nite and it was packed . I think this movie will do really well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home