Thursday, July 13, 2006

New Movies Day

Well I guess the two big movies are two Comedies both look stupid. First you have Little man the latest for the wayans brothers. I don't see anything funny about this movie. I also feel like to many comedies involve jewel thiefs because seriously how many jewl thiefs are there anyway. I mean was the last time you heard of one.
Then there's You, Me, and Dupree. I think this has potential. It is produced by Owen Wilson. Who wrote the royal tenebuams, Rushmore, and Bottle Rocket. I think that might be a good sign but Owen has tamed himself down since then so maybe this will just suck. It also stars Seth Rogan who Judd Apatow is gonna make it to the next big comedy star soon. I really like Seth and I think that he's my only reason to see it. Maybe download it you know if you've absouletly everything else.
Two minor releases caught my eye first The Groomsmen Directed by Edward Burns. Who hasn't really done anything you've cared about since the brothers mecmullen. But apprently this new film people say may be his best. I kinda hope it is i really liked the brothers mcmullen. Also it has a pretty big cast. Brittany Murphy, Jay Mohr, John Leguizamo, and Matthew Lillard. Well ok not huge but bigger then i thought he could get.
and then there's The OH in Ohio. I don't really know much but it sounds kinda good it's about women not having orgasims and parker posey is in it. Also Liza Minellie is to which is coo cause she is never in anything. I know you think that's werid to like her but she was good in arressted development.


Box Office wise Pirates will be number one I think between 50 and 75 million, My gut says 50 but they it's been doing i think 75 is more likely. I think 2 and 3 will go to Dupree and Little Man with both getting between 20 and 30 million. Dupree may come out on top but they both have led really good ad campaigns and they have commercials on for both a lot. The copatition between the two will be rough. But I think both will do well. Then after that Superman Returns will be at 4 with probably around 12 million or possiably lower. It's shame warners did a bad job marketing it. I wish it worked out better and made 200 on the fourth of july oh well. I think the devil wears prada will close it out with between 8 and 10 million. I think that's how it will go down. Have fun at the theater and see something good

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

4:08 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home