Monday, May 14, 2007

the namesake and martin


the namesake is a good movie and certainly one worth seeing but it's structure is like all over the place. The film centers around an indian family whose parents imagrated to america. We start off with the focus on the parents which is intresting. then we go to the son. they do have a daughter but I'm assuming she's not very intresting because she does not get a plot line as upfront as the brother.
This film is very sad too and goes into tradition and family and all that stuff.
It has the best performance from the guy who played kumar in harold and kumar go to white castle that at this point he has given.
The parents are the best characters and part of me wounders if the film was just about them would i like it alot more.
If your woundering if you can see this on dvd you can't. well not yet cause it is currently in theaters. It's barely in any and has like no advertising but i think this is a hard film to advertise to people. in fact the trailer i saw had it about the son only and I was kinda confused at first when watching the film. but if you want a good family drama this is the film to see right now.


George Romaero is know for night of the living dead and dawn of the dead. everything else he's made isn't usually as good. well I would like to put Martin on the good list.
Martin is a vampire film. or well I think it is because your never sure if he is a vampire. he doesn't have fangs, he can go in the light but he doesn't like it very much and he has to cut people with a razor blade to drink there blood.
Yeah this film is strange and kinda werid but it's good. at no point does the film take a turn that wasn't coo.
I think George Romero made a really awesome film here and it shows that he is defently one of the better directors of horror. not because I have ever been scared by anything he has done because I want to watch his film over and over there intresting. they make comments on things. this is a really good character study on a vampire or maybe a vampire. you can go either way.
before recently this film was hard to find. I remember way back in the vhs days my friends and I looked everywhere for this one. thanks to dvd i saw it. defently a worthy film to check out and I would say i will own this one day so I guess you can take that as a recomendation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home