Friday, May 18, 2007

Pale Rider and the WARRIORS


So ok I walked in to this one expecting kind of a stupid movie but honestly i really liked it. like enought to own. I'm shocked.
This movie is not a great western and no were near what the man with no name films. However this film is alot of fun and never tries to be anything more then a popcorn action movie and that's what it is. In fact this film does a western in way that makes people who arn't fans of westerns intrested. Cause it's made like any action movie. If you're looking for a comment on the existental condition then this is the wrong movie for you but if you want a fun action popcorn western this is perfect.
I know if borrows from Shane but I never liked Shane it sucked. Even though I like the director of that film. This is much better.
This is directed by Clint Eastwood who obviouly understood to keep the western releavent you had to make them like action movies. if more people had done this westerns would still be around.
Also both female characters fall for Clint Eastwood man that guy is a pimp.


I hadn't watched this movie in like a year but i rewatched it last nite and it was really good. I never noticed how well the shots were composed before but there really beautiful. Reminds of the 50's and early 60's.
It still bugs me there are not more subway movies. it's such a great location.
Apprently they shot the whole thing in one subway station and painted and such to look like more. you can't tell which is amazing. also alot of the fights are just awesome like the one in the bathroom oh shit.
There isn't enough time to write how great this film is. I think it is more then a cult thing it's just an awesome movie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home