Friday, February 01, 2008

why people don't wanna watch old movies and other stuff

i'm starting off with the other stuff. I heard about this film son of rambow recently and I really like the concept. It's about a little english kid who finds a pirated copy of Rambo first Blood and wants to make his own Rambo movie. The trailer is out but unforently they don't explain the concept. Which piss's me off marketing 101 tells me that not explaining what the movie is about can hurt a film at the box office. Well it's still early so there's still hope. Anyway go here and enjoy it



So I wanted to write this cause I love film in general like all of the good, the bad everything i really love it.When I was younger I used to get mad at people or think people were stupid for not watching like classic stuff. In some cases yeah there are dumb people i'm not gonna claim there not. but most of the time they just don't know were to start and just looks unappealing. Very few people make classic films look like alot of fun to watch. They make it look like this is important to watch this important movie not like today all that stuff is shit. Even if that is true or whatever if you were that person who doesn't watch that many old films are you really gonna go yeah you know everything i do is shit your right. fuck no they'll probably ignore it.
I used to agree with this alot but now I see how it really limits all those films. Yeah i do get where those people are coming from but how is that helping. It's doing more harm then good. To make something that is alien to people look every more unappealing is not gonna work. i know shocking.
What really should happen is just talk about it like any other movie or just make it sound fun. If they see like a fun old movie they'll wanna watch more old movies. Then that's old better right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home