Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Top Albums of the year (2007)

Ok this is gonna be a long post so be prepared. I wanted to start this off with two things. First I watch Saved by the Bell last nite for the first time in which may have been like 5 years or something. Wait i might have watched it when it was on Adult Swim. Anyway it's been a while. I watch the episode were Jesse gets addicated to caffiene pills. It's so amazingly cheezy and bad but it the best way that episode deserves to be the Cult hall of fame or something.

Also ok I didn't give the Aqua teen movie the best review but i loved the first 15 to 20 minutes and the opening with Mastadon. Well I'm going to share it with you. also the movie airs on adult swim on Sunday March 30th.




ok lets get this shit going

10.

The Beastie Boys have been playing funk music in there albums for a while now and it always sonded good. However it was always for not very long. but they made a whole album. I know this got on no ones list but I really like this album. I would never expected an instramental album for them and one that works but it does.


9.

Trying to follow up a great album like Be was a hard task and all though Common didn't really succed this is still fun to listen to and geek out about. With a skit about how the Boston and Chicago concert in Kansas has been reschduled as a Boston and Kansas concert in chicago. makes me laugh everytime. Kanye West makes common albums very well and it makes me want more producers to suprivse and produce entire albums for rappers. the best thing about Common he's good enough of a rapper to be liked by hip-hop heads and clean and clear enough for a normal person to like him

8.

When the Shins last album came out i think I may have listened to it once. This album was cooler. I like how it's much darker for a band i thought was supposed to be all happy and shit. Sometimes i listen to this and I'm like yeah this isn't that great but I also really like it. I can't really explain it. They make good records and i actually wanna hear there next thing.

7.

hey big shock somebody for nockFORCE likes the Go Team. I'm sure your so suprised right now. Yeah it is good but also it's a fun record that I don't think we have enough. Not only that it's really well done. I don't know many records like that. The go teams weirdness is awesome and is displayed very well on this album.


6.

Lil Wayne did something that very few rappers would ever do. Put out a mixtape with mostly beats that have all ready been used by other rappers and then release to and you can get it on the internet for free or from a mixtape guy for like under 10. Also his rhymes are so good I couldn't not include it on here. Lil Wayne does things on Da Drought 3 that is just amazing to listen to. What he does on Upgrade U makes you wounder if Beyonce and Jay-z could ever even call the song theres again. Even when he just throws something in randomly it makes you smile with how his favorite movie used to be the gremlins. great mix tape.

5.

When you listen to an album you want albums toflow very well from song to song. This has the best of any Kanye West Album. Not his best album but it flowed really well. Seeing Kanye go from being nothing on Collage Dropout to talking about all the nice shit he can buy is intresting. I would have put this higher if the drunken hot girls had not been on here cause I always have to skip that awful song.


4.

God Bless Ghostface. the only rapper with the balls to have an album with kinda cover anymore. this being the follow up to last years fishscale Ghostface knew that was gonna be hard to do. So this album is just like hey lets just make a good album. He doesn't disappoint. the album is alot of fun and I really like just listening to him rap he's a great storyteller and he picked alot of fun beats for this one.


3.

Concept Albums in hip-hop don't always work just ask T.I. But Jay-z understand just make it a loose concept album. I love how the 70's samples he uses take on a character of there own. I read a review that says that when you hear the soul singers they sampled they sound like ghosts from the past. Also the neptunes do a great job on I know with using 80's synth big production sound about how much he loves deaing drugs. Also ignerant shit just for Jay-z going like i have to put out albums like this cause that the only way people will buy them. I want an album of pissed off Jay.

2.

The drums on this album pound harder then any regular rap song and with no filters. This album almost flows like a punk album. MIA has possiably made her signerture album but I don't wanna say that cause she will prove me wrong. On her first album she was difiant now she knows what to do with it.

1.

This is a really great album. After the Kid A and Amensiac I wasn't sure were Radiohead would go but this album is a good after party. The third act. Radiohead always kinda just does whatever they want and this album shows it. the band is so tight on this album I think they could have recorded for Motown and pulled it off. Everyone in this band seriously.Just a great album. I maybe put it above the bends but not before kid a and ok computer. but hey being third in that group is not so bad.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jordan said...

I'm surprised not to see Spoon's 30-minute wonder on this. They walked in, shook it up, and left gracefully.

10:32 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home