Monday, August 21, 2006

REVIEW: OUTKAST - IDLEWILD (the music not the movie)


I usually don't do album reviews before they came out but I got a way to listen to this album early and feel like I should post it to tell you about it.

I'd like to start off by answering the biggest question does it follow up the last album yes but also no . I think this album follows up Stankonia better then the love below/speakerboxxx because this is far more of a consistant album then that.I don't think it has singles that are as good but it defently works better as a whole. I don't think it's better then Stankonia ether but really that album was an amazing classic so don't think that just think about this. It's a good album In fact a great one. It's one that you should hear and it is without a doubt one of the best albums of the year.

The album starts off with a skit called well intro cause it's an intro. Anyway I have to say I've always liked Outkast's skits. on most rap albums there not very good and not to the point. But they always have funny and well written skits that sometimes I'll find myself just listening to them. Ther also really well timed too. So seriously hats off cause that is awesome.
The music is odd as hell big shock yeah I know. But in that wounderful outkast way. I think this album is probably the happest outkast album. All though they usually have both happy and sad songs this feels more happy.
Andree 3000 also does rap which is really nice cause I missed him as an mc and it's good to hear him rap again and if your woundering yes he is still good.
The other big thing about this Outkast album is it's fun it sounds like they had fun making it and that's good. I don't know why people say there gonna break up if I had as much fun making an album as it sounds like they do I would never leave the group.
Outkast as a group really shows on this by having Andree be all werid and Big Boi bring it back to somewhat normal. This album is the combination of the two you except from Outkast and this is an Outkast album not a andree big boi split
and it works as an outkast album.
SOme of the best tracks Morris Brown. which you've all ready heard is wounderfully catchy as hell and uses horns mostly which I really like alot. and the chorus is fun too. Hollywood divorce with guest Lil Wayne and Snoop Dogg which seems like an odd duo to put on an outkast album but they fit in very well espically snoop dogg who raps with a clarity that will make even the best rapper weep. N2U has the best and funniest chrous and I hope is released as a single cause I would love to hear people play through there car steros and sing on the street.
Bottom line I'm gonna be honest I don't like this as much as Stankonia and it's not the best and people most likely will come down on them but here's what i think. It's fucking great ok. How many great albums do we get a year not many. So seriously it is worht listening to and owning and you will be able to listen to a million times.
I would also like to point out that there albums usually grow on me and I might actually write a rereview later.
But yeah it's good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home