Thursday, July 09, 2009

NEW nockFORCE and The Fugitive Kind

We made this cartoon for My Damn Channel. It was up on there site for a little bit but now it's on you tube. I personally really like this one.

more at nockforce.com





This is kind of an epic bomb. No it's not that great. it kind of meanders on and on. It felt like it needed more time and i later found out it did. This was what started Brando's fall from grace that would end with his role in the Godfather. You always hear about how he was a big star and then he fell off. it was intresting seeing how that started.
Sure this sounds like a great movie on paper. Marlon Brando in a Tennessee Williams written screenplay with Sidney Lumet directing. How could that go wrong. well man it did. it really just didn't work. this movie feels like a mess and the making of it seemed like more so.
I think Brando was miscast. I know he's a great actor but I think that actually someone like Paul Newman would have done a much better job. Brando didn't seem to really know what he was doing at times. Odd this was one of the biggest salaries for an actor at time with a million dollars. kinda suckes when you pay too much for something that ain't that good.
I can understand why this movie wasn't really that big or wasn't respected. for the people that like it now. I really don't get it. it didn't work for me. I read that Lumet didn't get the rehersal time that he wanted and i think that you can tell. it didn't feel like they were confindent enough to make this work. I would skip this if i were you unless you a big lumet or Brando fan. Otherwise find something else to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home