Weekend Box office
here it is
1. Miami Vice $25.7M $25.7M
2. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest $20.6M $358M
3. John Tucker Must Die (2006) $14.3M $14.3M
4. Monster House (2006) $11.7M $44M
5. The Ant Bully (2006) $8.43M $8.43M
6. Lady in the Water (2006) $7.14M $32.2M
7. You, Me and Dupree (2006) $7.11M $59.1M
8. Little Man (2006) $5.12M $50.2M
9. The Devil Wears Prada (2006) $4.67M $107M
10. My Super Ex-Girlfriend (2006) $4.1M $16.8M
For the first time on four weeks Pirates was not number one but it doesn't matter because with close to 360 it will defently cross 400 by the end of it's run.It also has become disney's highest grossing film ever. yeah
Miami Vice didn't have an amazing opening but didn't bomb like everyone thought. Depending on the word of mouth this film may or may not fail. But everyone who grew up on the show are going to check it out. Also nothing else is like it that's out right now and has no competion really. So it could make over 100 million but we'll see.
The big shock is John Tucker must die. I think the main reason is that they had tons of ads on both the wb and the-n. Also it used myspace which will soon be the most important marketing for a teen film. And finally there are no teen films right now it has nothing going against. all in all it did well cause nobody even thought about it.
The ant bully pretty much bombed. good that movie looked stupid. I'm sick of animated movies just talking about the stars in it. kids don't care ok. they don't know who nick cage is there parents barely care it's not a good marketing tool.
devil wears prada stayed in the top 10 and ended up staying there longer then superman
Scoop and little miss sunshine both opened in limited release. scoop did ok and little miss sunshine did really well.